We have a new favorite color: GREEN!
PFI is a member of the USGBC (US Green Building Council), and we are pursuing LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) accreditation. We will be one of the first companies in the display and exhibit industries to receive this accreditation.
PFI GREENManufacturing Initiatives include:
– All MDF purchased by PFI consists of 100% recycled wood
– All metals purchased by PFI have recycled material content of 22% or greater of which post consumer content is 55% or greater and post industrial content of 31% or greater
– All metals are powdercoated, rather then plated or painted
– Plating/Painting has much more negative environment impact
– Most powdercoating overspray can be retrieved and reused, virtually eliminating any waste
– Powdercoated MDF utilizes UV light to cure the powder, which is highly efficient
– All adhesives and paints are no or low VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds)
– PFI recycles 100% of all corrugated material
– PFI’s nested-base CNC machining centers limit waste and increase panel yield. This also results in cost savings for our customers
PFI GREENDesign Initiatives include:
– Displays and exhibits are designed to accommodate numerous updates, both graphically and with product, to increase the life cycle
– PFI designs all solutions to easily disassemble, resulting in minimal space requirements after useful life
PFI GREENFacility Initiatives include:
– Setting thermostat thresholds for heating and cooling efficiency
– Using energy efficient fluorescent lighting
– PFI is installing 34,000 sq ft of eco-friendly roofing. This system rates an SRI (Solar Reflectance Index) of 98 out of a possible 100, which assists in thermal controls and therefore reduces energy requirements. LEED accreditation calls for an SRI minimum of 78 or greater
Contact us for details on our many initiatives, including our GreenFacility, GreenManufacturing, and GreenDesign/Engineering Initiatives.